Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pastor's Blog



The New Year has long been my favorite holiday.  When I think of New Years Day I get excited about what lies ahead for me and my family, my church and the entire country.  Being the optimist I am, my hopes are high and I become energized by my thoughts about the future.  It’s a fresh start, a new beginning, with new dreams and imaginings about tomorrow!
I have to admit that in recent years some of my hopes and dreams have become tainted because of my concerns and fears, but as a Christian, “I know who holds tomorrow and I know He holds my hand.”  No matter what may lie in store for this world, it is a wonderful consolation to know you’re on the winning team.

We don’t need to look into a crystal ball to see what may be on the horizon.  Our only hope is in God’s intervention in 2014.  If He doesn’t intervene, the coming year may be far worse than what I have imagined.  Prayer is the greatest weapon we have that the enemy cannot extinguish.  Let us put on “the whole armor of God” for the going may get tough.  I don’t know about a “Happy New Year,” but I can be assured of a secure New Year as we put of hope in God alone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment