Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Greetings



I remember my last Christmas before I met my Savior.  It was on Grand Forks AFB, ND.  My heart was as cold as the North Dakota winter.  My soul was as barren as the Bad Lands in the western part of the state.  My marriage was beginning to fall apart and I had no direction for the future.  My searching for the truth and a god I could embrace had always ended with disappointment and confusion.
The next Christmas was entirely different!  For the first time in my life I had peace and joy and a certainty about the future.  Between the two Christmases, Pam and I had surrendered our lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.  He became alive and was able to give us a hope and love we had never known before.  Ironically, I preached my first sermon on that second Christmas day! 
Dear friend, I trust that you have experienced the transforming power of Christ in your life.  He has a way of making all things better and giving us a wonderful reason to live.  Like the Kings of the East; the searching ends when we bow before the Christ of Christmas!  He becomes to us the “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace!”  Invite Him into your life if you haven’t.  If you already know Him, be sure He remains the guest of honor at all your holiday festivities.  May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and your family during these holy days!

With Our Savior’s Love,
Pastor Steve & Pam Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment