Wednesday, October 9, 2013

On the Job Training


The greatest training any younger person can receive is not found in the college classroom; it is found learning a little O.J.T. (on the job training) from someone like you.  I have been blessed through the years having received mentoring from Msgt. Ken Price who discipled me in my early Christian training.  Dr. John S. Logan, Scottish evangelist, was used of God to teach me how to preach.  Rev. Dave Errickson taught me how to serve people.  Azariah from India taught me how to manage ministries and trust in God for the results.  Presently, there is 91 year old Steve Bidak who is teaching me how to be a handy man around the church and parsonage.   It’s my time to return the favor to other young men who may follow in my steps as I have followed Christ.
There is a term I coined many years ago.  It is what I call “henship.”  That’s right; I said henship, not friendship.  Henship is simply taking someone “under your wing” and teaching them what you already know and have experienced.  If we don’t consider this opportunity we have decided to be poor stewards of what time and talent God has given us and are cheating others from benefiting from what we have to offer.  Do NOT think for a moment that you have nothing to offer.  That is a lie you need to stop believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment